S.E.C.R.E.T. Shared (Secret #2)
L. Marie Adeline
Buy from Indigo
Description: Still wounded from a recent heartbreak, Cassie Robichaud throws herself into service with S.E.C.R.E.T., the mysterious organization that changed her life last year by bringing her deepest sexual fantasies to life, one step at a time. Now, it’s Cassie’s turn to guide the group’s newest candidate, Dauphine Mason, recruiting men to execute a new set of fantasies. While it gets Cassie’s mind off Will, the man she truly loves, it also gives her the chance to help watch S.E.C.R.E.T. work its magic on someone new.
At thirty-one, Dauphine is the proprietor of a New Orleans vintage clothing store—the kind of buttoned-up career woman who has no idea how attractive she really is. In order to reignite her sexual flame and reawaken her dormant heart, she must leave behind her bitter past.
As both Cassie and Dauphine navigate the rocky path between their hearts and their passions, they discover what they truly want in life and in love. SECRET Shared is a liberating, passionate and sexually charged sequel to one of the hottest new series in erotica
The Good Stuff
- Love the female empowerment theme and taking ownership of their sexuality
- Some really good hot and steamy sex scenes. Man where was this organization when I was single. Hello mile high club scene - you know I like Captains. Hey Fillion, how about you, me and a cockpit ; mow chicka mow mow
- Dauphine is a likeable character. She's realistic, likeable. Someone that you can understand and cheer for
- Setting if fabulous - the perfect place for a mysterious mansion that helps women fulfill their deepest darkest sexual desires (Hmm wonder if Jeff will let me go for a trip alone to New Orleans LOL!)
- As mentioned in review for S.E.C.R.E.T, this doesn't really need to be classified as erotica, its just a steamy romance
- Will is such a jack ass, I want to smack him upside the head and his actions at the end of the story - made me throw the book against the wall
- Felt like a filler story.
- Sex scenes were short with no build up. They could have been much sexier with a lot of build up to keep the tension going
- Frustrated with Cassie at times as she is still such a pushover when it comes to Will and she strings Jesse along which is so not cool
- Felt way too soap opersish - you knew what was going to happen and way too much over the top drama
"The word slut, unless employed by iron-clad feminists or ironically by irony experts, has no business coming out of a woman's mouth, do you hear me. Not when she is describing her own sexual behavior and especially if she's describing another woman's. It's the kind of word that can scar, Cassie."
"Men do have it easier, I thought. He didn't need a preamble or assurances before taking in my proposition."
"Of course there were conditions. There are always conditions when it comes to men and women and love and sex."
I received this from Random House in exchange for an honest opinion - sorry guys I have to be honest