by Editors Of Food Network Magazine
Clarkson Potter (Random House)
Buy from Indigo
Description: TAKE ALL THE GUESSWORK OUT OF DESSERT! Food Network Magazine editors have picked their all-time favorite treats and put them into one amazing book. In Sweet, you’ll find over-the-top brownies, super fun cupcakes, show-off layer cakes, one-of-a-kind cookies and so much more.
This great collection includes recipes for any occasion, with step-by-step instructions and full-page color photographs to help you along. You don’t need to be an experienced baker to get started. Every dessert in this book is easy to follow—and totally foolproof. Each recipe has been triple-tested, so you know it’ll come out just right. Flip through and you’ll find some fun surprises, too: a bowl made of chocolate, a spectrum of frosting colors and a cake that looks like a giant caramel apple. Check out what’s inside!
The Good Stuff
- Each and every recipe comes with a picture and for some of the complicated recipes, some detailed pictures to explain a process
- Recipes are easy to follow with easily readable fonts
- Something for every level of baking skill, though many would be more suited for the medium to advanced baker
- With the exception of the Fruit Jellies, everything came out perfectly (and the jellies didn`t turn out because I have a crappy candy thermometer)
- Best table of contents I have ever seen - trust me!
- Good index
The Not So Good Stuff
- Many of recipes involve way too many steps and take a lot of time which I don`t have - thinking Jen L may be getting this one to keep (though I will borrow from time to time)
- Have to have a cookbook stand as book closes easily
Salted Pretzel Mashmallow bars
Twists on Chocolate Bark
Sea Salt Chocolate Caramels
Fruit Leather Roll-Ups
Mint Patty Cakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cake
I received this from Random House in exchange for an honest review and if you lived in YYC I would bring you some of the treats I made from this